|1st Sunday||There is no service on this Sunday.|
|2nd Sunday||8:30 AM||BCP Holy Communion|
|3rd Sunday||9:15 AM||Morning Prayer|
|4th Sunday||8:30 AM||BCP Holy Communion|
St Mary’s Church sits at the centre of Denham’s long straggling village. There was a church in Denham as early as 1086 (Domesday Book) but nothing is known about it. Some of the nave is Norman in date, while the inner porch arch, most of the chancel and the east window are fourteenth-century. The arches of the chancel and tower are both fifteenth-century.
By far the most interesting contents of the Church are the monuments to members of the Lewkenor family housed in their specially built mortuary chapel which is accessed through three archways in the north wall of the chancel. The family, the first seigneurial presence in this small village, came and went in only three generations between 1570 and 1678 thanks to the plague of small pox. The Lewkenors found the church in a poor condition and rebuilt it in the sixteenth century.
The Church was again thoroughly restored in the nineteenth century. The church now has only one bell, which is uninscribed, but in 1553 there were two great bells.
There is no churchwarden at this time. Any inquires about a wedding or a baptism should be directed to Paul: 01284 810 866; firstname.lastname@example.org